Monday, December 26, 2011

I SPUN ME SOME YARN!

So, tonight I spun my second 4oz bat of roving and plied it with my former bat. So Dragonfly and Saturn look really pretty together. Making me a slouchy hat out of it. I am so proud of how thin I began to spin tonight. It may not be lace yarn but a nice DK/Worsted works nicely for my new hat. All these tones of olive-y greens with a splash of sky blue. It may actually match a silk sweater I made this past summer. Who knew the greens would be a match? Once this hat is made, I need to spin the wonderful bats Joe gave me...Sealed With A Kiss. Reminds me of Snow White....love sealed with a kiss...or maybe I have bee watching too much of Once Upon A Time. Either way, it is pretty pinks with dark greens. It might be nice to see how it looks all spun and plied together. The fun is finding a pattern to use the spun fiber on. You need just the right amount of yardage and weight for an accessory to knit up nicely. I'll post a pic of the hat when it is done and the roving before and after it is spun...well the ones Joe gave me. Too late on the greens!

No comments: