Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day One

While watching the last two episodes of Season 1 of Dracula, I was continuing to knit the Clapotis scarf. It is relaxing and enjoyable to be able to knit without too much pressure from outside sources. The downside is that I don't think the yarn is the right choice for the scarf. It is curling in on itself a bit more than the other Clapotis I have knit. The silky fibers of the yarn also seem to catch and separate, causing it to snag on the stitch holders. This indicates that the item will snag on jewelry and other everyday thing through wearing it, therefore the scarf will look ratty in a matter of a month. That is not my ideal gift. I believe that my gifting will digress into pretty scarfs that are easier worn from my favorite Target. 


On a brighter note, I will join a mystery KAL for Downton Abbey Season 4. I will need to get a DK weight yarn tomorrow evening from my LYS -- hopefully a malabrigo with silk. At this point, I really don't care what color it is, as long as I get to knit this mystery. A part of me looks forward to attending the knit night once again, while another part of me dreads it. I think I dread the yarn purchase temptation over anything. I miss the ladies at the shop, and feel a little hermit like these days. I think I just got so sheltered and housed in after attending school on my normal knit nights tha I forgot what a stress relief it is. Maybe this semester will feel healthier and a little more same. Probably not with my comps and replies from the PhD programs I applied to. I will probably be a nervous wreak. Wish me luck!

No comments: