Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day Two: Knitting with the gals

This evening I returned to my local yarn shop for a knit night with the ladies. I have not been able to get to the shop since late summer due to having a class on Thursday night and teaching a class right after. It was nice being able to get back to buy a little yarn and spend time with ladies who love fiber as much as I do. In my visit, I bought some Malabrigo for my Downton Abbey Mystery Knit-a-long. I need to look to see if I have the correct size needles (which I know I do, but have to get another project off of them or place it on hold). So, my shawl or whatever it is to be will be a pale green to a dark heather green. I believe it is the color of Scottish moors, which makes me so very happy. I have decided that the Clapotis I am working on just doesn't seem to be coming out nicely in the Blossom Street yarn. The yarn is coiling on itself in the pattern. I believe that it would make a better baby blanket and is just not something I would see an adult attempting to wear. I am going to rip it out tonight and place that yarn in storage. I am just not enjoying the project, so why bother? On another note, I have plans of finally picking up the stitches on my magenta vest and then blocking it. I need to tie in ends on another project so I can wear it (a beautiful purple wrap).  I can do that on a weekend and then block it out. So many of my sweaters need a little work on them to make them nice and appealing to wear. It is amazing how that little bit of work can be put off until you just don't get around to it. I need to stop doing that and just get back to completing my sweaters. Until tomorrow....

No comments: